Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bleh

Bleh, that's all I can say about this week from hell. I now have to do the stuff about what I liked about the Slave. It was tragic, depressing, and surprisingly haunting. It bites at your interior for awhile like any good art will, and left me feeling hollow. I liked it, related to it, felt Jacob's pain and suffering. Because the Slave left me sad and futile and caught in a mystifying world, I will probably do my paper on how the Slave relates to the Book of Ecclesiastes. O vanity of f**king vanities, right, right? Today Biblical lit helped me decide what I wanted to do. I had forgotten about the hobo jew, and I'm surprised because he was one interesting dude (What with his very Buddhist philosophy, slave to things, blah, blah, blah, interesting yes, yes). And it relates well with the "woe is me, life is vain" attitude I am currently possessing, or is it possessing me? The tricks I play. I have no high-brow goal in writing this paper, sorry. Nope, my goal is make this thing so depressing that you will weep; you will bend down over yourself, fall on the ground in a fetal position, and you will cry. But I'll end it with a happy ending, because that's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment